Sunday, January 16, 2011

# 8: ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM-PU17-WT 10.1-inch Netbook (white)

Most helpful customer reviews

84 of 87 people found the following review helpful: 5.0 out of 5 stars great!, October 04, 2010, I just received my 1015PEM Friday. I created an installation USB of Ubuntu and installed a 2 GB stick of RAM DDR3 that I had.

The latest beta version of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick 64 bits are running, and it is fantastic! Everything works smooth and buttery is working right out (for those of you using Ubuntu/Linux, the wireless driver Broadcom driver is used, just install via ethernet connection at first)

QuickSnap keys and not of smooth, shiny and extra comfortable to type on. The transition from a full-sized Mac keyboard for this little boy and had no problems.

The speakers are LOUD at full volume, for a small thing. Now outshine my 3810t Acer with ' Dolby ' experience.

The power is superbly small.

I was able to look good for hulu, etc.

Last but not least, youtube 720 p flash is a little shaky, but some updates in the future can solve this problem (that is, after all, linux. Flash runs much faster on Windows). Given that, it is not really necessary for 720 p as maxes out out of screen resolution to 1024 x 600, 480 p looks and works fine.

Finally, the battery life is suspended:

No regrets!

help other customers find the most useful reviews This review was helpful?

48 of 48 people found the following review helpful: 5.0 out of 5 stars Another nice Asus Netbook, October 21, 2010 I bought this drive and immediately loaded with 2 GB of ram, Windows 7 Professional, Office 2010 and Itunes. Also linked to my phone via Bluetooth and usb X Droid so I can navigate while on the go. I'm loving this machine now. It is much more portable than my laptop. I used everywhere, including the waiting room at my doctor's Office and waiting to get my car serviced. I can run the following command with no problems at all: Hulu, Netflix Streaming, Slingbox, Sunday night football streaming and more.

FYI, I am using this memory that I found on Amazon:
http://www.Amazon.com/gp/product/B002IV7FPM? ie = UTF8 & tag = PC-Notebooks-ACC-20 & creativeASIN = B002IV7FPM
I read that the latest models of Asus can be picky about which memory will work with them.

I have not tried to run HD videos or any game yet, but I'll post an update when I do. Let me know if there are some games or media you want to try.

The only bummer is that once you refresh your memory and operating system, the cost gets closer to that of a laptop with much more features and performance. The creator of deal is however the epic battery life with this netbook. Get about 8 hours with everything turned on (i.e., Bluetooth and wifi). My laptop work gets about three hours. lol

Do not take into account the economic netbooks! I used a lot of them. The dual processor is to get 1015pem!

***** UPDATE MEMORY UPGRADE ISSUES: *****

If you are having problems with upgrading your memory, try installing the latest firmware. You can download the firmware directly from the website of Asus support.

help other customers find the most useful reviews This review was helpful?

41 of 43 people found the following review helpful: 4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars-machine little solid, 12 October 2010 are in the market for a netbook, decided to bite the bullet, when these became available with the dual core processor. This is my first netbook and only experience with one, then take my review for what it's worth. Had a couple of days before you upgraded to 2 gb (no questions, absolute must) and immediately update the BIOS after installing and running.

Nice little compact dimensions. Relatively thin and not too heavy. The matte black has a rather strange, seems to have almost a bluish tint, which I thought was rather peculiar. Attracts fingerprints any more than I thought it would be, maybe not so much as a glossy, but reveal.

Screen looks good, not notice any dead pixels. There's some bloatware, but not too much. I removed most of it, including most Add-ons asus. Keychains takes a little getting used to as I get used to a full size standard board layout and this has a couple of different things about it. General it doesnt seem to be difficult to use. Mine seems to have a little flex around the g and H keys. This is a tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-thud when it hits the H key. I find this to be a bit annoying, distracting, and then together with demotion from a perfect 5--perhaps I am a bit harsh, but I was disappointed.

Haven't really put the battery of tests like this sit on my couch and AC power is always reachable. Have had problems with wireless, signal holds well and haven't deleted a connection from my linksys router. It seems to get quite hot after some use while on your lap and the fan is a bit stronger than what I expected to be up when spooling. The heat and fan noise are known from the side and not enough to anchor points total. Maybe it's really cool and quiet for his class, as I said, this is my first netbook.

The touchpad responds well and feels pretty intuitive. I don't care for the touchpad, but find that this is fairly easy. The mouse-button may be a bit smoother, but I prefer touching the pad for the mouse to click in each case. Apparently there is suppose to be a certain type of "crushes" zoom with the touchpad. Doesn't seem to work, or perhaps unistalled software that supports it, or maybe just do not know how to make it work. For some reason, not motivate thought it actually working, I just have to understand.

Webcam works well, it gets the job done. The image is clear from the other side, so I was told, and the mic chooses well enough. The speakers are quite decent for what they are. Its not gonna throw his party, but if three is a crowd, can provide a broad musical background.

Overall more use it more I really like it. Super handy for internet conveniences and very portable. My only let downs are: the problem of keyboard, windows 7 is pretty limited, but really not all these machines are designed to do. I feel in this moment of price that should come with 2 gb installed. + $ 400 after ram upgrade and throw another + $ 80 dollars for genuine Windows 7 upgrade and is nearing full size portable prices.

Really I'm satisfied with it being a netbook and recommend it to anyone shopping for one. Was some adjustment going from my desktop (i7 920/6 gb/win 7 pro 64) and then jump into this little guy. When I remember that its just a netbook, I'm very happy with it.

help other customers find the most useful reviews This review was helpful?
2115 |RU2VX0135V4TU; 2115 |R35BBP7RM1ED35; 2115 |R8AKZGJEWEMYE;Share your thoughts with other Ad customers: most recent customer reviews













View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment